Monday, December 17, 2007

The Cast is Gone!!!!!










I'm so sorry, I know a lot of you have been asking and yes, Madison got her cast off. It was taken off November 28th. They took an x-ray of her hips and the doctor said they looked great, we just have to take her back in on January 2nd so he can do an exam on her since he couldn't do it that day. They used a vibrating saw to cut it off and it really scared Madi but she did okay. Once they got it off, they told us we could take her over to the sink and wash her off and everything and I just felt so weird. I felt like I didn't know how to handle her. Once we got her home, we immediately put her in the bath and her little legs were just so red and scabbed. But they have healed really well. There are still some areas not completely healed, but they are getting there. She has done really well over the last few weeks. She was able to still sit up by herself that first day, but when we put her down on the floor to see what she would do crawling wise, she just laid down. But over the next few days, she started to figure it out. She actually started to crawl like she was in the chinese splits as you can see from the pictures. But she's figured it out now and she's all over the place and I'm glad. She's also climbing the stairs again and she pulls herself up on things and walks all over. She hasn't ventured with walking by herself yet. In fact, she's still working on figuring out balancing. But she's getting there. We'll let you know when that first step comes. Thank you again for thinking of us.

2 comments:

Stan and Jamie said...

YEAH!!! That's very exciting news! Congrats! I heard that we would be seeing you guys for Christmas...is that true? If so, when are you coming? Okay, well I'm glad that things are going good for you guys! Talk to you later!

Jessica said...

glad maddie is back to crawling. pretty soon she'll be running all over the house. then you'll never catch her!