Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Race day

The YMCA puts on a one mile race for kids.  I asked Madi and Reed if they wanted to do it and they were up for it (Reed only agreed to do it if I could go with him).  Well, we got there and they had all the kids line up and do a big warm up together.  Well Madison did it, but Reed just stood there.  But I give him credit because he didn't cry, he just stood there.  Well, we happened to be running it with some friends, and when it first got started Madison took off with her friend and his dad and they were in front of us.  Reed and I were towards the back because he was in the younger group that started later.  Well, I was thinking that Reed wouldn't run the whole thing and that I might get a break.  Oh boy, was I surprised.  The kid ran the whole thing.  And he was even running pretty fast, I had to kick it into a higher gear.  He really was pushing me.  And Madison ran the whole thing too.  It was awesome.  After they crossed the finish line, they got a medal.  They got their own T-shirt and a medal.  They were excited and I was proud of them.  Madison has already asked if we can do it again next year.  







No comments: