Sunday, January 13, 2013

DC Trip

So Kirk had to go to Pennsylvania to do a drilling job and I was able to go with him.  We took a few extra days to tour a little bit.  We spent some time in Hershey Pennsylvania and then headed to Washington D.C. to see some sights.  We had a great time.  I have been there once when I was in college, but Kirk had never been there so it was fun to share some of the things I remembered with him.  

 I have a picture with my family standing in front of this exact same spot!  That was pretty fun.



While we were in Hershey I picked up a pamphlet about a cave, so we thought we would check it out.  Turns out we were the only ones that showed up for the tour so we got our own private tour.  It was great. The picture of us together was actually taken in the room they call the wedding room.  The guy told us that they have actually had weddings performed inside this cave in this certain room.  It was pretty incredible.  








We spent today walking around Washington D.C. checking out the memorials.  It was such a great day.









We went and saw the Washington D.C. Temple while we were there and it is just stunning.  We were worried because we got lost trying to get there and we were worried that we were going to miss the visitors center, but we made it just in time.  





The last day we went to see Arlington National Cemetery and the Air Museum before we left.  Arlington is an incredible sight to see.  We saw Kennedy's grave, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and the Challenger memorial.








No comments: